When I first went to the grad school, internship back then was in fashion and during which one was also tasked to protect his or her own reputation. But, as an everyday intern at the prestigious PaineWebber’s headquarters in the Windy City, the first and foremost that I could see coming my way was a crisis soon to engulf me. While the word crisis’ sends shivers to many and could lead to the downfall of a whole regime, it comes in many shapes & forms ranging from a technological, military, media, midlife etc. to a fax ribbon’ and cup’ crisis. Here, an intern with a foresight for personal security in Corporate America, I am referring to the latter crisis. The ‘cup’ crisis at Paine Webber simply meant that there were pots brewing coffee at every corner of the plush 32nd floor but no Styrofoam cups to pour some. This was a crisis given the frigid temperatures that prevailed and my early am walk to the office. The VP that I was to assist & learn had a heart and would often formally offer coffee pointing towards the cup and asking me if he should get one for me…. that’s how difficult it was to find a cup have some poured in. This was my early and close encounter with crisis and in the language of the Chinese (the word crisis is composed of two characters: one represents the danger and the other opportunity) so to say the dangers & opportunities of the cup crisis. While I do not want to talk what a fax ribbon crisis meant, I do however, would like to state that a crisis could start out simply as a threat and would go on but being able to identify risk, assess the situation and respond appropriately is important. Having a clear and effective program and plan for an event is critical not only to your survival, but critical to the profitability and possibly the survival of the company.
Presenting the Crisis Management workshop where in the participants will understand that a crisis can occur any time. The one-day workshop will be customized to tailor to the needs of your organization fully mitigating the given threats. They will learn to develop skills needed for certain negative events. Also, they will be able to recognize warning signs to help avoid negative situations completely, or, if the situation occurs, better manage the crisis. The course outline & workshop objectives are as follows:
- Identify potential risks
- Understand the myths behind workplace violence
- Define escalation and identify examples
- Learn concerning behaviors
- Know what a trigger is and how that can escalate
- Understand the proper response to an event
Module One: Getting Started
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
|Module Two: Crisis
Module Three: Workplace Violence
Module Four: Myths
Module Five: Escalation
Module Six: Concerning Behaviors
Module Seven: Domestic Violence Indicators
Module Eight: Triggers of Workplace Violence
Module Nine: Conflict Dangers
Module Ten: Response
Module Eleven: Strategies
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Additionally, the workshop includes the following:
- Training Manuals for each delegate, Icebreakers, energizers, and other workshop activities to heighten the effectiveness of training sessions when targeted to the lesson topic and the overall needs of the participants.
- PowerPoint slides embedded with videos that will complement the instructor-led training experience and provide an excellent summary of training concepts in point format. Flip chart notes are also available as an alternative for workshop training.
- Quick Reference Sheets. These powerful Quick Reference sheets are an excellent take away from any training program or as a stand-alone desktop reference tool.
- Usage of real life examples, case studies, and stories based on the instructor’s industry experience that are relevant to the group.
- Certificates. The Certificate of Completion is meant to publicly acknowledge the effort and expense invested by participants in the completion of the training workshop.
- Course related MP3 Audio book for training on the go and a complimentary E-book on select Soft Skills.
All of these professional training resources are based on the most up-to-date body of knowledge and carefully selected by subject matter experts. To better comprehend each module’s objectives & outline, please click on the following link that demonstrates the HR’ module on our website: http://readacademy.net/course-curriculum/
To register for the workshop or additional information on a specific module, please respond back with your choice of the pick and/or visit http://readacademy.net/softskills-training-courses/; to enable us meet your business requirements, please fill out the professional enquiry form at: http://readacademy.net/contact-us/. If you have any questions, concerns or need an insight to our soft approach, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us +966532874341.