Leadership is all about having a style! Instead of the conventional talk relating to decision making & strategy etc. work on great ways to build your own leadership style. A style driven for a human cause, a purposeful action or a conviction humanist for the greatest good. And the best part, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel if you’re a leader; the leadership stories and lessons of others can help you level up your skills. While many charismatic leaderships lessons learned range from a variety of personality roles through inspiration, politics, compassion & psycho etc., one special area of interest, seldom mentioned, is leadership through cool headedness. That said, Captain Sully (Chesley Sullenberger), an American Airline pilot who, on January 15, 2009, landed US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River after both engines were disabled by a bird strike saving all155 lives aboard his disabled plane – deserves a mention.
Sully’s spilt second decision to ditch the jet in the Hudson River after deeming the situation too dire for the plane to stay in the air long enough was a result of his cool headedness. After the landing, Sully opened the cockpit door and ordered the plane to be evacuated. Terrified passengers described him as being calm under fire and anything but cool. And that’s the leadership style I am talking about. Well, in this regard, Tom Hanks, who played Sully’ in the Hollywood biographical drama was thus chosen for having a style of his own!
READ presents a 12 module, one-day interactive, case study based “Self-Leadership” workshop where the participants will discover the specifics of how to be a better leader for themselves and for others. The participants will be able to guide themselves in positives ways, which equals success and to take the time to motivate yourself and realize that you can do it! Below are the workshop objectives and the course contents:
- Understand what self-leadership is
- Motivate yourself
- Set goals
- Reward yourself when positive things happen
- Think positively
Self-Leadership Course Outline:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What Is Self-Leadership?
Module Three: Motivators
Module Four: Behavior Focus (I)
Module Five: Behavior Focus (II)
Module Six: Natural Rewards
Module Seven: Constructive Thinking
- Positive Thinking
- Aware of Personal Beliefs and Assumptions
- Opportunity Thinking
- Case Study
- Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Well-Being (I)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Stress Management
- Fun and Happiness
- Case Study
- Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Well-Being (II)
- Personal Effectiveness
- Case Study
- Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Individuality
- Locus of Control
- Case Study
- Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Personal Application
- Personal Problems
- Workplace Problems
- Social Responsibility
- Case Study
- Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Additionally, the workshop includes the following:
- Training Manuals for each delegate, Icebreakers, energizers, and other workshop activities to heighten the effectiveness of training sessions when targeted to the lesson topic and the overall needs of the participants.
- PowerPoint slides embedded with videos that will complement the instructor-led training experience and provide an excellent summary of training concepts in point format. Flip chart notes are also available as an alternative for workshop training.
- Quick Reference Sheets. These powerful Quick Reference sheets are an excellent take away from any training program or as a stand-alone desktop reference tool.
- Usage of real-life examples, case studies, and stories based on the instructor’s industry experience that are relevant to the group.
- Certificates. The Certificate of Completion is meant to publicly acknowledge the effort and expense invested by participants in the completion of the training workshop.
- Course related MP3 Audio book for training on the go and a complimentary E-book on select Soft Skills.
All of these professional training resources are based on the most up-to-date body of knowledge and carefully selected by subject matter experts. To better comprehend each module’s objectives & outline, please click on the following link that demonstrates the HR’ module on our website: http://readacademy.net/course-curriculum/
To register for the workshop or additional information on a specific module, please respond back with your choice of the pick and/or visithttp://readacademy.net/softskills-training-courses/; to enable us meet your business requirements, please fill out the professional enquiry form at:http://readacademy.net/contact-us/. If you have any questions, concerns or need an insight to our soft approach, please contact us at:email@example.com/or call us +966532874341.